Google Home is a great way to show off just how smart Google is, but it doesn't feel like an essential experience yet. That's mainly because it lags behind the Echo in terms of support for third-party services. That makes Echo a smarter buy if you want to control smarthome devices -- but Home is a perfectly viable option for those who use lots of Google services.
- Tasteful design
- Access to Google's massive knowledge graph
- Google Assistant is conversational and context aware
- Chromecast integration has the potential to be a killer feature
- Speaker quality is only so-so for music
- Limited third-party app support compared to Amazon
- A handful of expected features aren't available at launch