Google Pixel 2 XL
Long story short, the XL is the bigger, more attractive version of the Pixel 2. Just about everything I loved about Google's new small phone applies here too, but the XL has a few distinct advantages -- its battery life is much better, and Android Oreo shines on its bigger screen. Considering how much the phone costs, though, I do wish Google and LG had gone with slightly better display panels. That aside, the Pixel 2 XL improves on its predecessor in almost every way that matters and claims the crown as my favorite Android phone of the year so far -- it's just too bad that headphone jack is gone.
- Excellent performance
- Long battery life
- Truly impressive camera
- It's finally water resistant
- Android 8.0 is powerful and accessible
- eSIM works well with Project Fi
- No microSD slot or headphone jack
- There are better big screens out there
- Unlimited full-res photo storage only lasts three years
- Critic Reviews (10)
- User Reviews (4)
- 90AVERAGE CRITIC SCORE10 ReviewsPC Mag90Google Pixel 2 XLThe Pixel 2 XL combines elegant Google software and a great camera for a smooth Android experience.PC World90Pixel 2 XL review: A.I. magic on a 6-inch displayThe Pixel 2 XL is an incredible phone that grafts device experiences to life experience in simple, intuitive and smile-provoking ways.CNET90Pixel 2 XL's larger display makes it the Google phA bigger, sharper screen and thinner bezels make the Pixel 2 XL the best Google phone and a generally fantastic phone choice.Pocket-Lint80Google Pixel 2 XL review: A conflicted second comiIf Google can fix the display using software to make it more joyous to use every day, then this would become a more exciting phone, but launching into a market of great devices, this model isn't Pixel perfect.The Guardian100Google Pixel 2 XL review: the best big-screened AnThere is no question that the Google Pixel 2 XL is the best Android experience money can buy. It is the fastest-feeling, slickest and smoothest Android has ever been, putting it well on par with the quality of iOS.Liliputing80Google Pixel 2 XL reviewEven with an imperfect display, I think the Pixel 2 XL is a pretty good phone. I’m just not sure if it’s $849 good. And that’s one of the main reasons I bought the smaller model for $649.TechRadar90Google Pixel 2 XL reviewDespite losing the cherished 3.5mm headphone jack, the Pixel 2 XL makes up for it in spades with a mix of unique and sought-after features like a stellar design, waterproofing, Active Edge and a truly impressive camera.Stuff100Google Pixel 2 XL reviewIf you don’t mind the size, and spending the extra, the XL is absolutely the Pixel 2 to buy - the smaller version just feels plain in comparison. It's expensive, but then what flagship phone isn't these days?9to5Google90Google Pixel 2 XL Initial Review: The best AndroidAll this in mind, this is a refined phone designed with consumers in mind, and software that absolutely no one else is capable of matching. Over the coming year, I think we’ll keep coming back to the Pixel 2 XL as a baseline for a lot of Android phones, just like we did last year.USA Today90Review: Google Pixel 2 phone challenges iPhone X,The Pixel 2 XL is a strong upgrade over Google’s first foray into producing its own phones. While it lacks some features found on other top phones from Samsung and Apple, photo buffs and Android fans will be very pleased with what Google’s done with the Pixel 2.
- 48AVERAGE USER SCORE4 ReviewsBlack20January 12, 2019Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!I purchased this Google Pixel 2 64 GB directly from Google around 9 months ago. I have had several faulty issues with the phone including random loss of phone service, phone only vibrates randomly, and the consistent need to restart phone in order to gain phone service. The charger cable became loose after about 6 months, and finally after 9 months it became nearly impossible to charge or use any other cord attachments such as the audio adapter or data transfer adapter.I contacted Google about the issue and found out that they would replace my newly purchased device with an aftermarket repaired Google Pixel 2. They told me that the request would be processed immediately and that I would receive the replacement Pixel 2 shortly and then send my original phone to Google.I received an email stating, "Ive processed your request. You should receive an email soon with detailed instructions and shipping labels.If I can help with anything else, please let me know."I decided I did not want a replacement, but wanted my original phone to be repaired and returned. I responded to the email and waited 6 days, no response from Google and no shipping label or replacement phone. When I called they said it must have been a glitch. This phone has been a world of glitches and Google's customer service is very poor. Because Google owns the search engine it seems they have been able to manipulate the reviews in their favor. Do yourself a favor and purchase an Iphone or Samsung instead.Mano90August 23, 2018Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!Despite all the benefits Google has given to its new X-Pixel phone, it remains subject to fierce competition with some other smartphones that are tied in the technical level but are outperforming in terms of price.But the <a> Google pixel 2 xl </a> deals option remains one of the most important options that can increase users’ demand for the Google Pixel XL experience.Liz10July 25, 2018Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!Before buying this, please Google the many reviews by owners saying that the battery drains really quickly since the upgrade to 8.01 and that it gets hot in use. We only discovered this type of review when we had cause to look for it and we discovered these problems within the first hour or so of setting it up from brand new. It lost 6% of battery on standby with 4 simple apps (Chrome, pictures etc) open in less than 15 minutes. I ran the same apps on my equivalent Moto G6 Plus bought a few weeks earlier and it lost no percentage of battery in the same time. I also ran the same video on both phones, mine stayed cool whilst the Pixel 2 XL got warm within the first couple of minutes and also used twice as much battery percentage. This is not right. It also gets very hot when charging. The good reviews you have read were written before this update caused the problems, Google have no information as to when they will be resolve so DON'T BUY THIS PHONE.JOAO FELIPE70June 24, 2018Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!Very bad implementation with Pixel Buds. I moved from iPhone, so I get frustrated many times as the voice commands do not work, or the bluetooth looses connection and then you are out without the buds box, so there is no way to reset the thing, and you loose the abiity to listen to music in my running or biking routine. This happened already a couple of times. Basically I do not think this thing is ready to cost > USD 1000. I feel like really stupid for having paid this amout of money for a half baked product.
More from Google
We have two newsletters, why not sign up for both?
- Unsurprisingly, society's most vulnerable populations are those most harmed by these policies.
- Our favorite devices from Apple, Google, Bose, Samsung, Jabra and others are all on sale.
- Millions of phones with Mali GPUs are at risk from exploits months after ARM issued a fix, Project Zero suggests.