Nintendo Labo VR Kit
The Labo VR kit isn’t going to reinvent virtual reality. But it is a step forward for Nintendo’s line of cardboard Switch accessories -- the projects are easier to assemble and sturdier. For the price it offers decent VR with a lot of potential for growth thanks to updates to existing games like 'Super Mario Odyssey.' If Nintendo continues to expand its Labo and virtual reality ecosystems the VR kit will be more than worth the price of entry. But even now it’s still a good deal if you opt for the cheaper starter kit.
- Easy to assemble
- The headset looks good and feels comfortable
- Projects feel sturdier than those in previous kits
- The VR experience is decent
- The blaster is deeply satisfying to play with
- More expensive than other Labo kits
- Lack of a strap on the headset is annoying
- The wind pedal takes up a lot of room
- VR updates to popular games are terrible
Labo VR Kit
- Critic Reviews (10)
- User Reviews (1)
- 76AVERAGE CRITIC SCORE10 ReviewsArs Technica70There's no "Nintendo magic" inside these lensesSo long as you appreciate how much better VR can be, and that Nintendo has been soundly trounced in the good-VR-design department by the likes of Astro Bot, Tetris Effect, TiltBrush, Beat Saber, Vacation Simulator, Superhot VR, Moss, SuperHyperCube, Space Pirate Trainer, and on and on and on... then, sure, give Labo VR a whirl. Just don't say I didn't warn ya.TechCrunch80Nintendo Labo VR ReviewIt's a very affordable introduction to VR. The main games offer frequent replayability & the editable mini games likewise have their charms.CNET70The Switch makes virtual magicThis is, after all, what Nintendo always does best: be weird and fun. Labo VR isn't perfect, and no, it's not your next killer VR headset. But it gave me a weekend I'll always remember. And I think my kids feel the same way.Gizmodo80The Nintendo Switch's Labo VR Kit Is Cheap VR That Doesn't SuckI knew the build process would be tedious (and I’m still nursing a couple of nasty paper cuts). What I wasn’t expecting was a solid VR experience that kept drawing me back to play again and again.GameSpot70Cardboard MagicThe Labo VR Kit is much more than just VR gaming for the Switch; it's educational, accessible, and imaginative, with a robust suite of programming tools. And that's what makes it wholly unique from anything else on the VR market.Pocket-Lint80Fun way to try out virtual reality on a SwitchThe bottom line is that the full Labo VR kit is incredibly creative, imaginative and great fun while it lasts. However, you might find that fun doesn’t last as long as you wish it did.IGN80Nintendo LABO VR Kit ReviewLabo VR is Nintendo’s most innovative and creative Labo kit to date. It can’t compete with the top-dollar VR available on other platforms and it’s tiring to hold it up to your face for more than an hour at a time, but it still includes plenty of wacky and wonderful Nintendo magic, best exemplified by the Elephant Toy-Con.The Verge80A Playful, Bite-Sized Virtual Reality ArcadeIt may have taken a while, but Nintendo’s take on modern VR is perhaps the perfect complement to the Switch itself. With its tablet / console hybrid, Nintendo went in a completely different direction than its competitors, and the same could be said of Labo VR. It’s not virtual reality as you’ve come to know it — and that’s what makes it so interesting.Geek.com80Nintendo Labo VR Kit Is Totally Good EnoughBut even now, while you should limit your time with it, Nintendo Labo VR Kit is probably the most actual fun I’ve had with virtual reality in the real world.Pocket Gamer70A gateway headset for all agesVR Fanatics probably aren't going to find anything new or smart here, the Toy-Con will probably simply look like quaint children's toys to them. However, other than them using a lot of room in the house, they're — as with all Nintendo stuff — suitable for all ages, and much like the Wii introduced motion control to a new audience, Labo VR is a great way to do the same with VR.
- 40AVERAGE USER SCORE1 Reviewsshaner781240September 19, 2019Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!A poor product that's more likely to be frustrating than useful. - Engadget
More from Nintendo
- PlatinumGames' upcoming prequel sheds light on Cereza before she became the gun-toting enchantress we know today.
We have two newsletters, why not sign up for both?
- Including iPads, Fitbit's Charge 5, Amazon's Fire TV Cube and a Nintendo Switch digital game sale.
- A 12-month family plan normally goes for $35, so you're effectively getting the extra storage for $15.
The best Black Friday game console deals on the Nintendo Switch, Xbox Series S, PlayStation 5 and othersNot every console is on sale, but we've organized all of the places where you can buy these machines in one place.