DJI Osmo Action
DJI’s first action camera comes out fighting, with a price and feature set that should grab GoPro’s attention. Neat features like a small front display and HDR video set it apart, and compatibility with its rival’s accessories will make the transition easy. But there are some glaring omissions, including GPS, limited voice controls and basic social sharing options. If you’re looking for a GoPro alternative, the Action is a solid choice. For everyone else, it’ll come down to some minor differences.
- Front-facing display
- HDR video
- Excellent image stabilization
- No GPS
- Limited advanced resolution modes
- Basic social and editing features
- Critic Reviews (7)
- User Reviews (2)
- 87AVERAGE CRITIC SCORE7 ReviewsPC Mag80DJI Osmo Action ReviewThe DJI Osmo Action is a small, waterproof action camera with 4K video and a full-color front LCD, but its stabilization isn't quite as good as rival GoPro.Tech Advisor100DJI Osmo Action reviewIt might not offer live streaming or a super wide angle view but we don’t think that will matter too much. If you’re after a high-end action camera then the Osmo Action ticks all the other boxes and it's cheaper than the GoPro.Tech Advisor100DJI Osmo Action ReviewWe’re so impressed with the Osmo Active that we’re wondering why DJI hasn’t been making action cameras for years.This is a Hero 7 Black rival and a cheaper price with many of the same features and even some that GoPro doesn’t offer.DC Rainmaker80In-Depth Review of DJI's First Action CameraThere’s no question that DJI has made an impressive camera, especially for a first try at a pure action camera unit. It’s without question competition for GoPro…but, I’d stop short of calling it a GoPro killer. It’s not that today, though, I believe they have the majority of the right hardware in place to advance their position over time.Expert Reviews80DJI's new action cam has two screensGiven that this is DJI’s first foray into the world of GoPro-style action cameras, the Osmo Action is a pretty good effort. It shoots detailed, smooth 4K footage at 60fps, has a range of useful modes and is natively waterproof, too, without the need for a case.TrustedReviews90DJI's drones rule the skies, but can its action camera dethrone GoPro on the ground?It doesn't blow the GoPro Hero 7 Black out of the water, but the Osmo Action's all-round performance and lower price mean it's our new number one action camera.Digital Trends80DJI's dual-screen Osmo Action is a serious attempt to dethrone GoProOverall, this is a very capable action camera. We only wish the Mimo app was better.
- 60AVERAGE USER SCORE2 ReviewsJosh60October 24, 2019Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!Great little camera with some nice new features. If they would include ability to adjust FOV, they would beat the GoPro today.Krishna60May 21, 2019Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!Good product.