Samsung Galaxy Buds
Unlike Samsung’s previous true wireless earbuds, the Galaxy Buds are tailor-made for its recent smartphones. To employ key features like volume control, you have to sacrifice other handy tools, and even then, the touch controls are frustrating. These are a solid option for Galaxy phone owners -- even with the caveats -- but if you’re planning to primarily use them with another device, there are better and more reliable options.
- Reliable connectivity
- Solid battery life
- PowerShare charging with the S10 line
- Average audio quality
- Frustrating touch controls
- On-board volume control requires sacrificing other features
- Disappointing microphone quality for calls
- Critic Reviews (10)
- User Reviews (23)
- 78AVERAGE CRITIC SCORE10 ReviewsWired80Review: Samsung Galaxy BudsThey hold close to a six hour charge, they sound great (turn on Dynamic mode), play/pause controls are easy enough, calls sound fine, the case is pocketable, the buds are petite, and the fit is comfortably snug.PC Mag80Samsung Galaxy Buds ReviewSamsung's wire-free Galaxy Buds earphones deliver fantastic audio performance for a reasonable price, which is enough to overcome some dubious marketing claims.Tom's Guide90The New Wireless Earbuds to BeatThe Samsung Galaxy Buds offer great sound, more than 5 hours of battery life and near-instantaneous pairing, all in a stylish, comfortable pair of buds.Tech Advisor80Samsung Galaxy Buds reviewThe Galaxy Buds are solidly good wireless earbuds with comfortable design and reasonable sound quality for an affordable price.Samsung has added some nice features here like Ambient Sound, but there are also cost cutting measures and iPhone owners will want to avoid considering these as an AirPods alternative.SlashGear80AirPods lessons learnedCould you find better audio quality and still avoid the cords? Sure, but not for the $129 that Samsung is asking. The wireless earbuds market may have got crowded over the past twelve months, but Samsung just gave Android users a no-brainer pick of the bunch.T360Samsung Galaxy Buds reviewIf you’re thinking about the Galaxy Buds, it’ll be because you want the outstanding endurance of the battery life or the convenience of true wireless, because you’re not going to get much better sound quality than the wired earbuds bundled with your phone.TechRadar80Small buds with a big soundIf you have a Samsung or other Android phone, the Galaxy Buds offer easy connectivity, a comfortable fit, and a warm, bassy sound. If you don’t, you may miss out on some cool extra features offered by the Samsung Galaxy wearables app.Android Central80Exceptional everyday earbudsThey have excellent fit, good enough sound, solid call quality and a great wireless connection that won't cause you problems. Battery life is also good, and the case for charging is one of the best-designed you can get today. A couple of the features aren't perfectly implemented, but that's a small mark on what are otherwise excellent earbuds that are worth the money.Expert Reviews60Middling performanceThe Galaxy Buds are super comfortable and have wireless charging, but you can do better for the money.Digital Trends90The true wireless earbuds we've been waiting forThe Galaxy Buds are the best true wireless headphones right now.
- 74AVERAGE USER SCORE23 ReviewsKeyana100August 28, 2019Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!Today, I finally swapped my Gear IconXs for this year's Galaxy Buds, and goddamn, best decision I've made all year so far. As a Samsung stan, let's be honest: the IconXs freaking SUCK. There's the constant, seemingly unprovoked disconnecting, the gratuitous skipping, the fucking incorrigible and ENRAGING "Workout resumed" announcements... Today was the final straw.Not only is the fit of the Galaxy Buds lightyears ahead of the constant drill-them-into-my-ears-and-hope-for-the-best way of the IconXs (seriously, I spent more time positioning the IconXs in my ears, than I did actually listening to whatever media content with them), but as a complete neat-freak, I couldn't be happier that Samsung got rid of that God-awful "soft touch" rubber-type material that the IconX case is coated with. The sound is richer, the mini speaker grill is METAL this time, instead of that stupid little circular adhesive paper cover thingy on the older, totally useless version that is the Gear IconX. The improvements are so great and sensible, in my book, that both earbud models don't even seem like they're from the same company, and only two years apart. I'm stunned. I've been so loyal to Samsung, in terms of cell phones and cell phone accessories, for over a decade at this point, and while I've raved about every other Samsung product I've owned, I've always maintained that the IconXs were the worst mobile electronic device ever made. And the thing is, I purposely waited a year, and entire generation after the very first truly wireless earbuds Samsung released a year or so before the 2018 IconX model because, "First gen ANYTHING is never good; always wait for Gen 2 or later." Well...Honestly, this year's (2019) Galaxy Buds are the very best truly wireless earbuds that I've ever owned (and I've owned more than just these, and the IconXs). Excellent, excellent purchase on my part, and an even better product on Samsung's.Justinc9290August 24, 2019Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!I love the Samsung Galaxy buds I use them every day all day with great sound quality an no worries of them falling out even when iam on my motorcycle. Another great feature is the wireless charging which really comes in handy when I forget to charge them at home.the absolutely only minor complaint I have is the volume control.Fidel Eladio40August 24, 2019Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!Autopause feature is missing and the Bluetooth connection is garbage.Jeremy80August 23, 2019Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!I received my Galaxy Buds as part of the promotion of preordering my S10+. I really love the convenience of these. There is a bit of audio lacking in the loudness and in bass. I do not expect a huge bass drop, but they are lacking in that department. However, the convenience for me, out weights the drawbacks. I love the carrying/charging case. Easy to set on a wireless charge, power share, or use the Type C plug in.Marios80August 23, 2019Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!AwsomeRK50August 22, 2019Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!They are extremely comfortable and the sound quality is ok. However they are not very loud and the EQ presets are awful. They randomly pause when in use with my LG phone. Call quality is questionable at best. All that being said they are comfortable.zeddy100August 22, 2019Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!These are the perfect wireless ear buds. The form factor is one of the most subtle headphones I've ever used, let alone see. They might be actually too subtle as I'm approached at work all the time when on a call. The sound is wonderful. I'm working with the controls and like the tap.LordRahl7290August 22, 2019Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!I very much enjoy using these buds. I previously was using the Airpods from Apple "they work on my Note 8 just fine" but wasn't impressed at all on the sound quality. These Samsung buds however do have a very nice sound to them. Much better than I had originally expected they would. Granted I am no audiophile, but I do have a pretty nice set of Ultimate Ears TriplesFi headphones that as far as I am concerned are as good as I will ever need in sound quality to compare the Samsung buds against. No doubt the TripleFi sounds best in comparison, however I was shocked at how close they do come to that quality. I now find myself using the Samsung Buds more often for the simple ease of its use and the added functionality. I was lucky as I was able to pick up a new set of the white Samsung buds for $105 which made these buds an even better buy. I would easily recommend these for anyone wanting a good sounding easy fitting wireless buds without breaking the bank in the process.b4ur20ld80August 22, 2019Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!These sound good with my S10, though not as good as the wired AKG buds that come with it. When used with my Mackbook, the sound is so-so. They fit my ears well, and don't fall out when exercising. I would only recommend these if you already own a Samsung phone.babydinosaur100August 22, 2019Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!The sound is rich, and is easily heard during a journey on the noisy London Underground. Fits well into the ears and have never loosened or fallen out, and don't cause aching any more than other earphones. Connection has always been stable, and I've never wanted did more battery. That these came free with my Samsung Galaxy S10+ makes me feel like I've won a mini jackpot. Super happy.ScottPhil60August 22, 2019Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!Overall, I really like these. I've used them nearly every day for five months now for exercise and yardwork. The sound quality is good, but not exceptional. I use Comply foam tips for isolation otherwise they would be unusable on my usual running routes along busy roads. The reason I don't rate these higher is because of the bluetooth connection. I wear my phone on a Spibelt (fanny pack) on the front of my body two feet from the buds. If I move my hand between the phone and the buds or bend at the waist too much I lose signal. It's not the end of the world but still disappointing.Trausti90August 22, 2019Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!The best in its category. We highly recommend it. - EngadgetJonathan90August 22, 2019Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!I really like my Galaxy Buds I use a Note 9 for my work phone and a IPhone XS Max as my daily driver and use the buds with both phones. I prefer to use them at the gym as they are super comfortable, sweat proof and sound great. Obviously you getter better sound options using android and the galaxy app for the buds, but all in all I for one am very pleased with my Galaxy Buds.Ty100July 15, 2019Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!best wireless headphones for the priceJon90April 14, 2019Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!I definitely love my Galaxy Earbuds. I have gotten proficient with using the tap controls that handle moving through the music as well as volume controls. Start, stop/pause is flawless. I like that when I have messages it also lets me know that. I have a Galaxy Note 9 and love the interface.People have heard me talk on them and it sounds crystal clear. About the only thing I would have wanted more of is the ambient noise control. I would have enjoyed having more of the surrounding sound piped in through the Galaxy Wearable control app, but outside of this, it is an awesome set of wireless buds.Fits EXTREMELY well. I have been able to sleep with them in my ears as well as work out vigorously. Further, they fit nicely in pocket when charging in cradle and time of music play is awesome and fits my needs.Senita10April 11, 2019Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!They're pretty worthless no one can even hear me talking on themluca_xyz10March 26, 2019Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!An awful product that should be avoided. You'll be sorry. - EngadgetPhilip82c90March 20, 2019Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!Great value and quality for the price and easily pair with multiple Android and Windows devices. Coming from Jabra Sport Elite buds these are much smaller in the ear, allowing me to wear them inside a motorcycle helmet. Jabras were also much worse for battery endurance and connectivity glitches.Hector80March 19, 2019Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!Great, they're really comfortable and have good sound, the volume is also good enough..It depends on which music app you use weather or not you get more volume... Samsung's wearable app combined with the G-buds is helpful aswell...Julian100March 16, 2019Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!The galaxy buds have an excellent sound quality, this can be attributed to the noise cancelling feature which can be counteracted by turning ambient sound on. They are light and easy to carry in their charging case which holds more than enough battery to charge them fully onceAdam20March 14, 2019Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!Seriously disappointing. If you have your phone sitting on a table close by they work great, but forget about walking around or even putting your phone in your pocket and getting good sound. If you move at all it cuts in and out to the point you cant listen to the music. I was very excited to try these and if they had not been free with the S10 i would defiantly be returning themSjaak70March 14, 2019Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!The Galaxy Buds are great. Very comfy, not too many over complicated features on the controls. it does what its supposed to do and do it very well. At this price point the sound it great. I have been using it while cycling and it worked very well with sweat and did not come looseYielar90March 13, 2019Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!Have owned these Buds for a couple weeks now and I'm really happy with them. Both the Buds and case are nice and slim with decent 6 hour battery life in the Buds and another 7 hours when charging using the case. All the controls you expect on the Buds including volume control which isn't always an option. They sound great and bluetooth 5.0 (latest version) and instantly connect to your phone soon as you remove the Buds from the case, which I've never experienced before with any bluetooth devices. I'm really enjoying the wireless charging ability as I simply throw them on my wireless charger as needed but they do have USB-Type C if you want to just use your phone charger. Overall, very happy with the Samsung Buds and do recommend them.
More from Samsung
We have two newsletters, why not sign up for both?