Apple TV 4K
The Apple TV 4K packs in almost everything the last model was missing, and its push towards making 4K releases cheaper is noble. But there aren’t many third-party apps supporting the new format at launch, and Apple also made some curious decisions that might make some serious home theater enthusiasts hold off.
- 4K/HDR content looks great
- Aggressive pricing for 4K/HDR films
- Wide variety of apps
- Needs more third-party 4K/HDR support
- Video processing goes overboard
- No Dolby Atmos
- Critic Reviews (10)
- User Reviews (2)
- 80AVERAGE CRITIC SCORE10 ReviewsMacworld80Apple TV 4K reviewIs it worth paying out the extra for the Apple TV 4K over the fourth-gen device? Essentially, yes, as long as you have/are planning to buy a 4K HDR TV and can benefit from the free upgrade of your iTunes movie collection.Gizmodo90Apple TV 4K Is a Damn Good Set-Top BoxIf you’re already invested in the iTunes store, don’t want to mess with the potential fussiness of Android on the Nvidia Shield, or you’re desperate to have very nice looking first run movies without dropping cash on a Blu-ray player, then the Apple TV 4K should be at the top of your list.PC Mag80Apple TV 4KIt's been a long time coming, but Apple has finally made the move to 4K HDR video streaming. The wait for Apple TV 4K was worth it, especially for those living exclusively in the iOS ecosystem.CNET90Apple TV 4K review: Premium-grade 4K HDR streaminApple's 4K HDR streamer combines peak picture with a high-end feel nothing else can match, but it costs too much for most people.Mashable80Apple TV 4K review: For Apple loyalists onlyThe Apple TV 4K is the best Apple TV yet, but it's too expensive.Time80Review: The New Apple TV Is a High Fidelity PowerhThe way the Apple TV 4K integrates with the other Apple-powered devices in your home is its most distinctive argument, but one that depends increasingly on a fanbase with deep pockets.TechRadar80Apple TV 4K reviewIt's got a nice clean interface, and the inclusion of support for Dolby Vision sets it apart from much of the competition. Ultimately the box will be most helpful to people already invested in Apple's ecosystem, who will benefit most from its Apple-specific features like HomeKit and AirPlay.The Verge80APPLE TV 4K REVIEW: SO CLOSE, SO FARThe Apple TV 4K’s unrealized potential just makes it obvious that the future of TV is still pretty far away, and it’s simply too expensive to gamble on in the meantime.Digital Trends60APPLE TV 4K REVIEWThe Apple TV 4K will be a boon to Apple power users, but pretty much anyone else will be better off with a Roku Ultra instead.Stuff80Apple TV 4K reviewSpend the best part of £200 on a new 4K box, no-one will laugh at you, especially if much of your media comes courtesy of Apple Inc. But with a world of credible ... rivals, it’s beginning to feel like Apple needs to take longer strides in the TV world than those made by the new 4K.
- 90AVERAGE USER SCORE2 Reviewsssallen80February 15, 2019Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!Slow, can't even play Vorbis files.Uros100December 19, 2018Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!Amen.frAntonio Lopez Legion Etrangere
More from Apple
We have two newsletters, why not sign up for both?
- Our favorite devices from Apple, Google, Bose, Samsung, Jabra and others are all on sale.