Google Pixel 4 XL
The Pixel 4 XL packs all of the same new features as its smaller siblings, and on the whole, these additions should be enough to excite even wary Pixel fans. It’s fast, thoughtful, and benefits from additions like a big, 90Hz screen and the ambitious Motion Sense system — when it works correctly, that is. Beyond all that, though, the Pixel 4 XL’s real draw is its bigger battery. It’s still doesn’t last as long as some of the Pixel’s rivals, but it’s noticeably better than what the standard Pixel 4 is capable of. If you’re enthusiastic about Google’s new additions and don’t mind a bigger phone, the Pixel 4 XL is clearly the model to invest in.
- MotionSense feels like the future
- “Smooth” display looks great
- Speedy performance
- Google Assistant is faster and smarter
- Great camera experience
- Motion Sense is finicky
- Face Unlock could be more secure
- Middling battery life
- Slightly dull design
Pixel 4 XL
- Critic Reviews (10)
- User Reviews (2)
- 81AVERAGE CRITIC SCORE10 ReviewsZDNet80A perfectly disappointing phoneOn paper, the Pixel 4 XL reads like the perfect Android phone. In the real world, it's a mixture of surprises and disappointment.CNET80Big screen, brilliant camera and a high priceThere's no denying the Pixel 4 XL has one of the best cameras around, but its shortcomings don't justify its high price. Instead, consider the Note 10 or the OnePlus 7T.Tom's Guide80A Big-Screen Phone with Smarts to MatchThe big-screen Pixel 4 XL features the best Android has to offer along with a top-performing camera.Mashable80New features don't justify the priceThe new Pixel phones are quality Android devices, but they aren't the best smartphones on the market.Android Authority80Untapped potentialThe Google Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL are great phones in several respects, but they misfire far more often than they should at this price point. The major sticking points are battery life and the reliability of some new hardware features, making them hard to recommend despite an out of this world camera, great performance and software experience.The Verge90More Than The Sum Of Its SensorsYou will find Android phones with better specs, but specs have never been what the Pixel is about. Instead, it’s the interplay of the new features on the Pixel 4 that make the whole thing feel more seamless and natural. It’s something you can’t learn from a spec sheet or a leak: the Pixel 4 is more of a joy to use than any other Android phone.TechRadar80Better cameras, forgettable extrasThe Google Pixel 4 XL is a handsome phone in its simplicity that, by the same coin, feels less impressive than its Android flagship counterparts. It doesn’t help that its new standout features are inessential, and erratically functional.Android Central80A night vision camera that's dead by sunsetThis is easily Google's best-ever phone. The hardware is sleek and efficient, and Android 10 runs brilliantly. Google's little additions to the software differentiate it, face unlock works incredibly well, and this is the best Android camera available in all lighting. But the battery life is frustratingly bad, and it's hard not to feel short-changed paying this much for weak RAM and storage.What Hi-Fi80The best Android experience, bar none?Google’s Pixel phones remain a strong choice for Android purists and photography fans.Mobile Syrup80A small step forwardDon’t get us wrong, the Pixel 4 and 4 XL are better than their predecessors; however, if you bought a flagship in 2018, don’t bother.
- 95AVERAGE USER SCORE2 Reviewsediez100December 9, 2019Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!People complain and complain about the memory, the ram, the battery, blah, blah, blah....but it is all on how much you use your phone. I plug my phone in to charge at 10:30-11:00 pm daily and I'm typically at 70-80% battery life. I have no issues switching between apps and I've yet to have one crash on me. The camera experience is stellar as expected from a Pixel phone. This is just me though, I don't waste time playing games or in social media apps so the phone is a perfect fit for me.Tuco_S90October 30, 2019Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!Phone is great. Battery life is good but it would be nice to have a slightly larger battery. Two things I think I will want as the phone starts to "age" is more memory (8gb should be standard) and more storage (128gb seems low now). Pictures are fantastic, calls are good.