In a vacuum, the PlayStation 4 Slim is a great console. It's smaller, quieter and much more portable than the original PS4. But unless you need a new console right now and are on a strict budget, there's no reason to buy it when the higher-powered PS4 Pro is set to ship in November for $100 more.
- More compact than before
- Quieter performance
- Even more portable than before
- No more distracting LED strip
- Lacks the UHD Blu-ray drive of the similarly priced Xbox One S
- Pack-in DualShock 4 controller still has abysmal battery life
- Only available with a 500GB disk